SynopsisThis guide will show you how to install the SkyNox client application on a Mac.
Applicable toAll SkyNox Mac workstation accounts
- A desktop backup license with SkyNox.
1. Once you receive the activation email, click on Activate your account.
2. You will be directed to the web portal. Enter your username in the Username field. Enter a password of your choice in the Password field. Enter your password again in the Confirm Password field. Choose a security question and answer it in the Answer field. Check the box named I agree to the terms and conditions supplied above. Click on Activate Account.
3. When the activation is completed, the web console will display your username, and an email confirming your successful activation will be sent to you.
4. Click on Download.
5. Click on Download and install software next to For Mac Desktop & Laptop.
6. Download the SkyNox_Workstation_Mac_Client.dmg file to your desktop.
7. Double-click on the SkyNox_Workstation_Mac_Client.dmg file.
8. Drag the SkyNox client to the Applications folder.
9. Eject the disk image.
10. Launch SkyNox from the Applications folder.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Continue.
13. Click on Continue.
14. If there is a password policy on your Mac, you will be asked to enter your password before installing the client application. Enter your password in the Password field, then click on OK.
15. If your system requires a proxy to reach the internet, enter your proxy details in the proxy fields. You can also click on Copy System Proxy Settings. Click on Continue.
16. Enter your username in the Backup User Name field. Enter your password in the Password field. Click on Continue.
17. Select the items and folders you wish to backup, then click on Continue.
18. Make sure Automatically launch Backup client when you log in is checked and then click on Close.
19. Your initial backup will start. After it is completed, you will see Backup up to date.
This entire document, including design, text, videos,graphics, and photographs are Copyright © 2014 Austlink Plus Pty Ltd, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this document may be reproduced in any way or by any means for commercial or any other purposes, without prior written permission of Austlink Plus Pty Ltd. Use of any data for the purpose of creating promotional materials or producing a printed or electronic catalog of any kind is expressly forbidden without prior written permission of Austlink Plus Pty Ltd.