How to set up a Windows Mobile 6.1 device (Exchange 2010)
Synopsis: This guide will show you how to setup your Windows Mobile 6.1 device with your hosted Exchange 2010 account via ActiveSync.
Applicable to: All Austlink Plus 2010 hosted Exchange accounts.
- a Austlink Plus 2010 hosted Exchange account
- a Smartphone or a Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 6.1 OS
- a wireless data plan or a wireless connection from your provider
1. On the start screen of your mobile device, go to Start » Programs.
2. Select ActiveSync.
3. Press Set up your device to sync with it.
4. Enter your regular e-mail address in the Email Address field, make sure the box Attempt to detect Exchange Server Settings automatically is checked and then press Next.
5. Enter your regular e-mail address in the Username field, your Outlook password in the Password field, check the Save Password box and then press Next.
6. When the Automatic Configuration screen shows up, press Skip.
7. Enter webmail.domainlocalhost.com in the Server Address field, check the box This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection and then press on Next.
8. Your screen should now display Contacts, Calendar, E-mail and Tasks. Select the items you wish to synchronize and then press Finish.
9. An ActiveSync window will appear, informing you that Exchange Server webmail.domainlocalhost.com must enforce polices on your device. Press OK and your device will start synchronizing.