How to create an Exchange account in Outlook 2011 for Mac using the manual method (Exchange 2010)
Synopsis: This guide will show you how to create an Exchange 2010 account in Outlook 2011 for Mac using the manual method.
Applicable to: All Austlink Plus hosted Exchange 2010 accounts.
- An Austlink Plus hosted Exchange 2010 account
- An Outlook 2011 client
1. Click on the Outlook icon.
2. Click on Tools and then on Accounts.
3. Click on Exchange account.
4. Enter your email address in the E-mail address field, your DOMAIN\your_SAM_Account_Name in the User Name field, your email password in the Password field and webmail.domainlocalhost.com in the Server field. Make sure the box Configure automatically is NOT checked and then click on Add Account.
Note: You can find your SAM account name in your Control Panel in the User statistics section. To Log into the Control Panel open up your browser and go to http://cloud.austlink.net using your username and password. Your username will be your email address.
5. Check the box Always use my response for this server and then click on Allow.
6. Give your account a name in the Account description field.