How to set up a Windows Mobile 6 device (Exchange 2010)
Synopsis: This guide will show you how to setup your Windows Mobile 6 device with your hosted Exchange 2010 account via ActiveSync.
Applicable to: All Austlink Plus 2010 hosted Exchange accounts.
- a Austlink Plus 2010 hosted Exchange account
- a Smartphone or a Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 6.1 OS
- a wireless data plan or a wireless connection from your provider
1. On the start screen of your mobile device, go to Start -Programs.
2. Select ActiveSync.
3. Press Set up your device to sync with it.
4. Enter webmail.domainlocalhost.com in the Server Address field, check the box This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection and then press Next.
5. In the Username field, enter your SAM account name.
6. You can find your Sam account name in your Control Panel in the User Statistics section.
- Enter your Exchange password in the Password field and domain in the Domain field.
- Check the Save Password box and then press Advanced.
- Select an option in the pull-down menu and then press Next.
- Select the items you wish to synchronize with your device and then press Finish.
- Your device should start syncing to your Exchange account.