How to configure Outlook 2007 (Exchange 2010)
Synopsis: This guide will show you how to configure Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010. Applicable to: All Austlink Plus hosted Exchange 2010 accounts. Prerequisites: Outlook 2007
How to: 1. On your desktop, click on Start > Control Panel.
2. Click on the Mail icon to open your Outlook settings.
With Vista, the Mail icon is located in the User Accounts folder.
3. Click on Show profiles.
4. Click on Add.
5. Type your new profile name (ex. Outlook or Austlink Plus) and then click on OK.
6. Check the box Manually Configure server settings and then click on Next.
7. Select the Microsoft Exchange option and then click on Next.
8. You now need to enter your Microsoft Exchange settings. In the Microsoft Exchange Server field, enter casarray01.domain.local and make sure Use Cached Exchange Mode is selected. In the User Name field, enter your e-mail address.
9. Click on More Settings.
10. If a window appears saying “The action cannot be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action”, click on OK.
11. Click on the Connection tab.
12. Under Outlook Anywhere, check the Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP option and click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
13. In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange field, enter webmail.domainlocalhost.com. Make sure that both On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP and On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP are selected and that the Proxy authentication settings are at Basic Authentication. Then, click on OK.
14. Click on Apply and then on OK.
15. You are back to the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Make sure the username is correct and click on Check Name. 16. You will get a pop-up window asking for your username and password. Make sure they are both correct and click on OK.
17. If all the steps have been followed correctly, both your name and the Exchange Server will be underlined.
18. Click on Next.
19. Click on Finish.
20. Open Outlook.
21. A dialog box with your e-mail address should appear asking you to enter your password. Enter your password and then click on OK.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 766 812.